Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Clubs & Training Update

It’s hard to believe there is only 1½ weeks left for this Ultimate Golf Makeover Program. The past couple of weeks have been eventful and extremely helpful. The eventful part is that I was fitted for a new set of Nike clubs. I must have looked like a kid in a candy store. I was fitted for the Nike Victory Red Forged Split Cavity Irons. These clubs felt fantastic on the range…and looked good too. I get the new set this upcoming Monday, so I am very excited about that.

We have been fine tuning the swing and working on the short game. Working with Dr. Perry and personal trainer Sharon at Ultimate ChiroCare has been a huge help when working on backswing depth. Backswing depth means turning your shoulders the first 45 degrees, sinking into your right hip the remainder of the backswing, and getting your hands/wrists in the correct location on the backswing. Before this program, any depth on my backswing would result in a combination of turning my hips incorrectly, bad posture and getting imbalanced. We have fine tuned this backswing, concentrated on correct swing path through the ball, and focused on ending the swing with an intentional and correct follow through.

I am an engineer by trade (http://www.ryancompanies.com/), while my wife Laura is a Registered Nurse (http://www.sharejp.com/). Throughout our education, we both have been trained to be analytical and research the reasons behind the explanation. The training I have received and the written summary’s in this blog may seem extremely detailed. I think this is why I have enjoyed the training so much. Rabito’s “structure governs function” training method, and Dr. Cammisa’s educational perspective on physical care makes sense to us.

No comments: