Monday, May 11, 2009

Stop Dipping

Big breakthrough today! Today was the first time I released my right elbow, opened up my left shoulder, and did not dip my right shoulder at impact. It may sound easy, but this has been my most challenging habit to break so far. Two drills were the most helpful. The first was try to stand up at impact. I was not actually standing up when looking at the video, but this mentally challenged my body not to dip. The second drill was hitting the ball from my knees. If I dipped my shoulder while hitting from my knees, my club would hit the ground 2 feet behind the ball. I was laughing, because I was actually hitting the ball better from my knees than I was standing up. After these two drills, I actually hit some shots better than I have ever hit a ball. I am very excited to build on this breakthrough.

No comments: